In case you didn’t know, Discover is offering a bonus 10% cash back when you use Apple Pay in store. This is in addition to the normal rewards you earn and also in addition to the Discover double cash back bonus, meaning you can earn up to 30% cash back by using your Discover it card (or Discover it Secured or Discover it Student, you can also earn 23% cash back on all purchases with the Discover it Miles) that is enrolled in the double cash back promo and Apple Pay.
I decided it’d be useful to look at the quarter 4 5% categories and which merchants accept Apple Pay. The categories are as follows: Department Stores, Clothing Stores, Amazon.com. We can rule out Amazon.com immediately because the Apple Pay purchases must be made in store. Let’s have a look at department stores & clothing stores instead.
We have two things that help with this, first Discover gives us some specific examples of what is considered a department store/clothing store and Apple Pay gives us a list of retailers that accept Apple Pay.
Out of the stores that Discover gives as an example, the following also accept Apple Pay:
None of the clothing stores Discover gives as an example accept Apple Pay, that being said any clothing store that does accept Apple Pay should work fine. Such as:
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Foot Locker
- Sports authority
We will add confirmed in bold next to each retailer after we’ve confirmed it works fine. If there are any stores that we’ve missed, please let us know in the comments below.
- Discover 10% Bonus with Apple Pay, $2,000 Profit per Discover Card!
- 22% Cashback with Discover and Apple Pay (23% with DIM, 30% at Department Stores)
- Which Q4 5% Discover Categories Accept Apple Pay?
- Discover Referral Links Go Here
- Discover Extends Double Cashback Offer for New Cardmembers, Should We Bite?
- Discover’s Apple Pay Deal and the New Gift Card Exclusion