Published on September 21st, 2019 | by William Charles423
Acorns $5 Referral Bonus For Both Parties + $150 Bonus with 3 Referrals
Update 9/21/19: Bonus has been increased to $150. Hat tip to FM
Update 8/1/19: Invite 5 friends who make their first investment during August and get $200. Terms.
Update 7/1/19: Invite 5 friends who make their first investment during July and get $200.
Update 6/2/19: Special referral offer, see details in this dedicated post.
Update 3/17/19: They seem to be laying off the large referral bonuses, but they did come out with an offer for this week to get $50 with 4 referrals. That’s on top of the regular $5 for referrer and $5 for new member that’s always available. (ht DDG)
Update 1/8/19: Invite 12 friends in January and get $1,000 bonus; you also get $5 per referral, regardless of how many people you refer.
Update 12/3/18: Invite 12 friends in December and get $1,200 bonus; you also get $5 per referral, regardless of how many people you refer. Must signup between 12/1-12/31 and make first investment by 12/31.
Update 11/1/18: Invite 11 friends in November and get $1,100 bonus; you also get $5 per referral, regardless of how many people you refer.
Update 10/16/18: They are now offering a $500 bonus if you refer 5 friends between October 15th and October 21st. This is in addition to the share of $100,000. This sucks for people that have already referred people as the people they referred do not count towards this bonus and I suspect a lot more people will be getting a share of that $100,000 now.
Update 10/03/18: Bonus is back, this time it’s a share of $100,000 when you refer 5 friends or more.
Update 9/2/18: Referral bonus added for September 2018: refer 7 friends between 9/1/18 and 9/15/18 and get a $500 bonus ($535 total) if they make an investment by 9/15/18.
Update 8/1/18: $1,000 referral bonus is back for August.
Update 5/1/18: $1,000 referral bonus is back. Updated details below.
- Acorns is offering a $5 referral bonus for both parties when the referred user signs up and completes account verification.
- In addition if you refer 12 friends for August you’ll receive a $1,000 bonus.
- Acorns are also planting one oak tree for each referral.
Check out our Acorns review here. Referral bonus has been as high as $10 for each person in the past.
The Fine Print
- Friends must sign up on or after 5/01/2018, have an account in good standing and make their first investment by 5/31/2018.
- Bonuses are paid out by 6/15/2018.
- Referrals who close their account before 6/15/2018, or make an investment that results in a chargeback, will not qualify for the promotion.
You can share your link in the comments. But you must follow these directions carefully; otherwise, your comment will be removed. This is to minimize the volume of referrals in the comments.
- Retweet this tweet first (make sure you retweet the linked tweet).
- Post a comment with your referral links or your email address to refer. Please include all links in one comment.
- Include your twitter username at the end of your comment. If you don’t do this, we will remove your link.
- DO NOT THREAD YOUR REFERRAL. Start a new comment.
- DO NOT ADD ANY ADDITIONAL WORDS TO YOUR COMMENT. Just the referral link and Twitter handle.
Remember to support readers that you’ve seen provide helpful comments! Let’s build a better, more helpful community by rewarding those who help!
Acorns is an app that lets you link payment cards, when you make a purchase the transaction is rounded up to the near full dollar and that excess money is then transferred into your acorns account and invested. For example if you make a purchase of $1.90, $2 will be charged and $0.10 will go into your acorns account. You can also add funds to your account and earn money from their “found money” section, basically a shopping portal (currently earns 2% with eBay). Acorns invests your money into ETF’s, the fees are as follows:
- $1 per month if you have under $5,000
- 0.25% per year if you have over $5,000
I’m not a fan of these robo investors, especially when they are taking a healthy fee for themselves. Set clear investing goals and do it yourself instead. If you are interested in signing up, consider using Chuck’s Acorns referral link. Acorns also has a rewards debit card launching soon.
Hat tip to DDG