Published on December 3rd, 2018 | by William Charles422
Acorns $5 Referral Bonus For Both Parties + $1,200 Bonus with 12 Referrals
Update 1/8/19: Invite 12 friends in January and get $1,000 bonus; you also get $5 per referral, regardless of how many people you refer. If you want to support the site, use Chuck’s link here.
Update 12/3/18: Invite 12 friends in December and get $1,200 bonus; you also get $5 per referral, regardless of how many people you refer. Must signup between 12/1-12/31 and make first investment by 12/31.
Update 11/1/18: Invite 11 friends in November and get $1,100 bonus; you also get $5 per referral, regardless of how many people you refer.
Update 10/16/18: They are now offering a $500 bonus if you refer 5 friends between October 15th and October 21st. This is in addition to the share of $100,000. This sucks for people that have already referred people as the people they referred do not count towards this bonus and I suspect a lot more people will be getting a share of that $100,000 now.
Update 10/03/18: Bonus is back, this time it’s a share of $100,000 when you refer 5 friends or more.
Update 9/2/18: Referral bonus added for September 2018: refer 7 friends between 9/1/18 and 9/15/18 and get a $500 bonus ($535 total) if they make an investment by 9/15/18.
Update 8/1/18: $1,000 referral bonus is back for August.
Update 5/1/18: $1,000 referral bonus is back. Updated details below.
- Acorns is offering a $5 referral bonus for both parties when the referred user signs up and completes account verification.
- In addition if you refer 12 friends for August you’ll receive a $1,000 bonus.
- Acorns are also planting one oak tree for each referral.
Check out our Acorns review here. Referral bonus has been as high as $10 for each person in the past.
The Fine Print
- Friends must sign up on or after 5/01/2018, have an account in good standing and make their first investment by 5/31/2018.
- Bonuses are paid out by 6/15/2018.
- Referrals who close their account before 6/15/2018, or make an investment that results in a chargeback, will not qualify for the promotion.
You can share your link in the comments. But you must follow these directions carefully; otherwise, your comment will be removed. This is to minimize the volume of referrals in the comments.
- Retweet this tweet first (make sure you retweet the linked tweet).
- Post a comment with your referral links or your email address to refer. Please include all links in one comment.
- Include your twitter username at the end of your comment. If you don’t do this, we will remove your link.
Remember to support readers that you’ve seen provide helpful comments! Let’s build a better, more helpful community by rewarding those who help!
Acorns is an app that lets you link payment cards, when you make a purchase the transaction is rounded up to the near full dollar and that excess money is then transferred into your acorns account and invested. For example if you make a purchase of $1.90, $2 will be charged and $0.10 will go into your acorns account. You can also add funds to your account and earn money from their “found money” section, basically a shopping portal (currently earns 2% with eBay). Acorns invests your money into ETF’s, the fees are as follows:
- $1 per month if you have under $5,000
- 0.25% per year if you have over $5,000
I’m not a fan of these robo investors, especially when they are taking a healthy fee for themselves. Set clear investing goals and do it yourself instead. If you are interested in signing up, consider using Chuck’s Acorns referral link. Acorns also has a rewards debit card launching soon.
Hat tip to DDG