Published on June 2nd, 2019 | by Chuck4
[Expired] Acorns: Get $55 for Referring 1 Friend, Making an Investment, and Earning Found Money
Deal has expired, view more Acorns deals by clicking here.
- The Acorns investment app is offering a $50 bonus for completing the following 3 tasks:
- Refer 1 friend
- Make an investment
- Make a purchase using a Found Money offer
The Fine Print
- These must be completed by June 30, 2019
- Bonuses are paid out on or around 07/15/2019
- Acorns Referral – Friends must sign up on or after 06/01/2019 and have an account in good standing and make their first investment by 06/30/2019. Referrals who close their account before 07/15/2019, or make an investment that results in a reversal from their bank, will not qualify for the promotion. To be eligible for the reward, the persons you refer must use your personal invitation code when they sign up. Acorns defines an account in good standing as a verified investment account with a successful investment.
- Core Account Investment – Between 06/01/2019 and 6/30/2019, you must make a valid transfer into your Acorns Core account. To be eligible as a qualifying element for the promotion, your transfer must settle and be invested prior to 6/30/2019.
- Found Money Offer – Between 06/01/2019 and 6/30/2019, you must complete an eligible transaction with a Found Money partner by utilizing any of (i) the Found Money portion of the Acorns App, (ii) the Acorns Google Chrome browser extension, or (iii) a Simply Spend offer. You must comply with all of the terms and conditions of the specific Found Money offer to be complete this qualifying element of the promotion. Found Money offers with travel partners (Airbnb, CheapOair, Expedia, Hotels.com, etc.) are not eligible for this promotion.
I’m pretty sure you’ll also earn the ordinary $5 bonus for referring, so it’s really $55 bonus total. Acorns used to offer whopper $1,000 bonuses for referring friends, but that was only really useful for bloggers and the like who could meet the referral requirement of 10-12 friends.
This offer is much less, but it’s really doable for the average person:
- Find a friend to signup with your referral link; maybe a spouse, family member, etc. I believe the new member will also earn the standard $5 bonus for signing up and making an investment.
- Make an investment; I guess even adding $1 to your Acorns account should work, maybe I’ll do $5 to be safe.
- Make a purchase that earns Found Money. They have some shopping portal type of offers, so you can use them for some small purchase; e.g. get 2% back on Groupon. I believe this kind of offer would not require you to use your linked Acorns credit card. They also have various bonus signup offers. One good example of that I see now of a signup offer is for a WSJ subscription which gets you $10. It looks to be valid on a $1 subscription for 2 months (that’s where the link leads to currently, part of a Memorial Day deal) so that should take care of the requirement. There are probably other easy options as well, please sound off in the comments.
Overall, it’s really a relatively easy moneymaker here. Not sure whether they’ll 1099 this or not (I’d think not given that it’s under $600?). My appreciation if you use my Acorns referral link to signup. Of course if you have a friend who can make use of this promotion, reach out to them and help them fulfill the $50 requirement instead (I’m pretty sure I’ll get one referral anyway, so I’m good for this promotion).
Hat tip to Frequentmiler