Amazon.com’s current credit card is issued through Chase and is pretty unremarkable, it earns 3% back on all Amazon.com purchases and then 2% on all gas station, restaurants & pharmacy store purchases and then a measly 1% back on all other purchases.
There have been a few reports of people seeing targeted offers when logged into Amazon.com on Fat Wallet. All applicants get a $20 Amazon gift card after card approval and then get to choose one of the following offers:
- 5% cash back on all Amazon.com purchases (cash back posts as a statement credit)
- Financing offers
- 6 months special financing on any purchase totaling $149 or more
- 12 months special financing on any purchase totaling $599 or more
- 24 months special financing on select Amazon-sold items
- 12 equal monthly payments on select amazon-sold items
- 24 equal monthly payments on select amazon-sold items
The 5% cash back on all Amazon purchases might seem like a great deal, but it’s actually possible to get this with a number of cards already. For example, cards that earn at a high rate at bookstores will also earn that same rate on most Amazon.com purchases as Amazon codes as a bookstore.
It’s also possible to purchase Amazon.com gift cards at lots of different locations and get cash back on Amazon purchases that way. We’d recommend looking at our list of cards that earn 5%+ cash back for some ideas. If you’re still interested in this 5% Amazon card here is how to see if you are targeted for it:
- Log into your amazon.com account
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for a link that says “Amazon.com Store Card”
Not everybody will see the same offer as posted below, so feel free to share what offer you do see in the comments.