Update 5/10/21: This offer and the 70,000 miles + $200 deal is still available.
No direct link, shows up when doing a dummy award booking
- American Express is offering a sign up bonus of 70,000 miles after $2,000 in spend within the first three months. You also get a 20,000 bonus miles after charging this flight’s taxes & fees to your new card
- Annual fee of $99 waived first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x miles per $1 spent on restaurants (including takeout and delivery), groceries and Delta purchases
- 1x miles per $1 spent on all other purchases
- $100 Delta Flight Credit when you spend $10,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year
- First Checked Bag Free
- 20% Back on In-flight Purchases
- Receive Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights
There is also a 70,000 miles + $200 statement credit offer. This is a better offer for people that value Delta miles at more than 1¢ per point. The fine print does say when you pay the taxes & fees on this flight so you might actually need to make the award booking for the 20,000 bonus miles to post. I suspect that any Delta flight will trigger the offer, but you never know with American Express. We will add this to our list of the best credit card bonuses.
Hat tip to FM