- American Express Hilton cardholders are being offered a spending bonus. If you spend $5,000, you get 10,000 bonus points. This card be done ten times for a total of 100,000 bonus points.
The Fine Print
- Only purchases made with your enrolled Card are eligible.
- Offer to enroll is available to existing Hilton Honors American Express Card Members who are Basic Card Members prior to January 1, 2021 (“Eligible Card Members” with “Eligible Cards”).
- Limit of 1 enrolled Card per Card Member.
- If you have more than one Hilton Honors American Express Cards, you will only be able to enroll the Card which you received this offer for.
- Only purchases made with your enrolled Eligible Card will count towards meeting a Purchase Threshold.
- You are eligible to enroll starting from February 1, 2021 through June 30, 2021.
- Offer ends June 30, 2021.
- Eligible purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member only.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Starting from the time you enroll through June 30, 2021 (“Purchase Period”), you will earn 10,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points each time you spend $5,000 in combined eligible purchases (“Purchase Threshold”) on your enrolled Card during the Purchase Period, up to a maximum of 100,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points.
- Hilton Honors Bonus Points will be posted to your Hilton Honors account 8-12 weeks after you reach the Purchase Threshold.
- Purchases may fall outside of the Purchase Period (and therefore not be eligible for the Hilton Honors Bonus Points) in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. (For example, if you buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped.)
- Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchases of reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments, or purchases of any cash equivalents. Eligible purchases to meet the Purchase Threshold are for goods and services minus returns and other credits.
- To receive the Hilton Honors Bonus Points, your Card Account must not be cancelled or past due at the time of fulfillment.
This’ll stack with any category bonuses as well which could make it a good deal for some people. Personally I think it’s too risky to manufactured spend with American Express these days and Hilton isn’t exactly the most valuable currency either. Still a good deal for those planning to spend $15,000 for the free night certificate or for people with a lot of natural spend on these cards anyway.