Update 11/6/22: More targeted, now it’s showing an end date of 11/30/22. (Chuck) I’m seeing the 30%/$15 version now.
Update 10/10/22: Deal is back and 40% off up to $30. Good until 12/31/2022.
Direct Link to offer (affiliate links here and below)
There’s a brand new Amazon deal working for some:
- Get 40% off products shipped and sold by Amazon when you use at least one Citi ThankYou point. Max discount $30
- Must first activate the offer here. Here’s how to go about doing this deal:
- (Link your Citi ThankYou account to your Amazon account if you haven’t already; note, you often have to wait 24 hours after registering your card until you can activate the offer)
- Add products shipped and sold by Amazon to your shopping cart
- Proceed to checkout & select your Citi ThankYou card as your payment method
- Select the amount of ThankYou Points you’d like to use for the purchase (we recommend using just 1 point)
- 20% discount will automatically be applied at checkout
Max this out by spending $50. Very useful for Prime day purchases. Also works on gift card purchases as well. Samples gift cards available on Amazon:
- Link to all physical gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- Link to all electronic gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- Whole Foods
- Giant Foods
- Stop and Shop
- Best Buy (physical)
I have had a Citi card linked to Shop With Points for a long time. I have 133 points available, it will let me redeem up to 132 of them for $1.06. But I can’t get the promotion, I click the “Direct Link to Offer” above and I get “Sorry, you’re not eligible for this offer right now.” with advice to enroll my card but it is already enrolled. What can I do?
After enrolling my Citi Custom Cash card it took a week to for the direct link provided by the Doc to work. Once activated, I got a 40% discount ($30 max) on my shopping cart as advertised. Thank you Doc!
Can you add to Our Verdict for those who are newer: this is optimized by redeeming only 1 TYP, as paying for the full order with your TYP redeems at 0.8 CPP rather than 1 CPP.
I don’t have use for a lot of gift cards and nothing to buy at the moment. I’m wondering though if there is a way to profit off of this otherwise. Such as buying gift cards then selling them somewhere? If so what gift cards am I likely to make a good profit selling? I found a site that will buy gift cards and so far the highest payout on a 75 footlocker card is 67.50. I’d have to put 45 into it. So I’d profit $22.50. Not sure if that’s worth the risk of the site not paying me for the gift card. Or is there another way of doing this?
Anybody successfully using Amzn gift card to pay for the transaction? It used to be able to do that but today ….not successful so far.
No Chick Fil A gift cards?
Thanks. Got $75 Apple gift card for $44.99 after using 1 point.
“Your points will be applied at checkout but we were not able to activate the promo code. If you have already activated this code, your discount will be applied at checkout.”
This shit happens to my account all the time.
That’s just the standard message that shows if you’ve already clicked the activate button before. Whenever I see that message, the promo works perfectly fine at checkout once I select the right card.
not eligible for points deal, but at least now I’m eligible for that add a card deal.