- Earn a bonus of up to $500 on the American Express SimplyCash Plus business credit card.
Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases within the first six months
- Earn an additional $250 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 or more in qualifying purchases within the first year of card membership
Welcome bonus offer is not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Card has no annual fee. Card earns the following rates:
- 5% cash back on purchases made in the following categories combined: U.S. office supply stores and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers; bonus rate is earned on a max of $50,000 in purchases per year
- 3% cash back on one category of your choice from a list of eight categories (on up to $50,000 per year), including:
- U.S. gas stations
- U.S. restaurants
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- Hotel rooms purchased directly from hotels
- Car rentals purchased from select car rental companies
- U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
Bonus has been down to $400 since one year ago, good time to get the card now with the $500 if it interests you. We have seen targeted offers for a $1,000 bonus in the past, though I don’t recall seeing any such offers recently.
$500 is certainly attractive, just keep the $15,000 total spend in mind. The good thing is that this card earns 5% cash back on useful categories so there is less opportunity costs involved that other big spend cards.
Before applying for this card or asking questions, make sure you make yourself familiar with these 21 things everybody should know about American Express credit cards.