Published on February 14th, 2019 | by William Charles7
[Expired] Amtrak: Buy One, Get One Free Sale
Deal has expired, view more Amtrak deals by clicking here.
- Amtrak is currently offering a buy one, get one free sale for Valentine’s day.
- Must book by February 18th
- Travel must be from March 25 – July 29, 2019
The Fine Print
- Valid for (1) one free companion rail fare with the purchase of (1) one regular (full) adult rail fare.
- Valid for sale between February 14 – 18, 2019
- Valid for travel between March 25 – July 29, 2019
One child age 2-12 may accompany each adult at half the regular full adult rail fare.
- Seating is limited, seats may not be available on all days.
- Valid for travel on all reserved service, no upgrades permitted.
- Not valid on unreserved service which includes the Capitol Corridor, Hiawatha, Pacific Surfliner, Unreserved sections of the Pennsylvanian and Keystone Service and 7000-8999 Thruways.
- The companion and full fare paying passenger must travel together on the same itinerary and have tickets issued together.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer.
- In addition to the discount restrictions, this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
- A 25 percent cancellation fee may apply.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Amtrak often has 30% off sales, although of people will prefer that as it doesn’t require a second person to be traveling with you to get the discount. That being said if you need two people to travel at once this is as good as it gets with Amtrak. Sadly I don’t think it works on award redemptions.