Published on January 17th, 2019 | by William Charles3
Avianca Lifemiles Systems Upgrade – Unavailable From 2/1-2/5
Avianca’s Lifemiles program has sent out an e-mail to loyalty members informing them that a system upgrade will be occurring from February 1st until February 5th, 2019. The full e-mail below:
As part of our continued investment in serving members like you even better, we are preparing to upgrade our systems. This upgrade will require an outage period, during which the LifeMiles systems will not be available.
We will conduct our system change from February 1st to February 5th, 2019. During this period:
- You will not be able to access or transact in LifeMiles.com or the LifeMiles Mobile App. Our Call Center and Service Centers will be open but will not be able to make transactions in our systems either during this period
- You will not be able to redeem with LifeMiles or any of our partners
- You can continue to earn miles as normal with Avianca, Star Alliance airlines and with most of our partners. These miles will be reflected in your account once the system upgrade is complete
- You can continue purchasing tickets and transacting with Avianca through their channels as usual
- Elite members will continue to receive benefits such as upgrades at the airport, access to VIP lounges, etc. as normal
- Your miles and information will be safe. Once systems are back up and running, you will be able to access your account with your pre-existing user name and password
Given the above, if you have plans to use your miles soon, please ensure that you do so before the February 1st to February 5th system outage period.
It’s nice that plenty of warning is being given. Probably a good idea to take a screenshot or two of your miles and other information to make sure everything is correct after the upgrade.