Published on May 14th, 2014 | by William Charles0
[Expired][AZ, ND Only] $200 Western State Bank Checking Account Promotion
This bonus has now expired, view the best checking promos currently available by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must be within 60 miles of their locations in: Devils Lake, Towner, Fargo, West Fargo, North Dakota or Chandler, Casa Grande, Scottsdale, Arizona [AZ, ND only]
- Direct deposit required: Optional (+$25), unsure of what will be consider a direct deposit
- Additional requirements: Yes, see below
- Hard/soft pull: Unsure
- Credit card funding: Unsure
- Monthly fees: $10, waived if minimum daily balance is $500 or greater
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Receive up to $200 in bonuses from Western Bank for completing set requirements as follows:
- $50: Open a VIP/VIP Plus checking account with a debit card attached
- $25: Sign up for Direct Deposit
- $25: Make 5 Bill Pay Transactions
- $25: Enroll in eStatements
- $25: Enroll in Mobile Banking
- $25: Make 10 Cash & Check Card Transactions
- $25: Open A Money Market Account
The Fine Print
- Valid for new personal checking accounts only
- Bonus payments will be made 60 days after account opening and criteria is met (60 calendar days after each incentive is met)
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
VIP Checking $10 Monthly Fee
It’s possible to avoid this monthly fee if you have a minimum balance of $500 or maintain $5,000 balance in Loans + Deposits
VIP Checking Plus $10 Monthly Fee
This account requires you to have a combined balance of $10,000 in deposit accounts or maintain $25,000 in Loan & Deposit balances
There are too many uncertainties for my liking with this offer (I also don’t live in the small service area they have) so I won’t be participating in this offer. If I could be sure it was a soft credit pull and I lived in the area I’d jump on the chance. All of the requirements are fairly easy to meet and even if it required an actual payroll payment to trigger the direct deposit requirement you’d still be up $175.
If you decide to complete this offer let us know in the comments whether it was a hard or soft pull, if you can fund the initial deposit via credit card and what counts as a direct deposit. We’ll give you a little gift to say thanks! Because of the tiny service area this will not make our best bank account sign up bonus list, but it will be on the state specific bank account bonuses area.
All personal checking and treasury market come with $5,000 in identity theft expense insurance (for those who don’t already have identity theft insurance you can get it for free with a Credit Sesame account).
Refer A Friend
You can also receive $50 for every friend you refer, although it doesn’t look like they’d be able to participate in the above promotion.