Published on August 9th, 2017 | by William Charles113
[Update: Confirmed $95 AF + More Details] Bank of America Premium Rewards Credit Card – 50,000 Points, 2x On Travel & Dining & 1.5x On All Other Purchases [New Card, Not Available Yet]
Card has been officially launched, read more about this here.
A few details confirmed there:
- 50k point signup bonus will have just $3k spend threshold
- The annual fee will be $95
- 1.5x everywhere and 2x on travel/dining; this stacks with Preferred Rewards
- It will roll out in September
- It will be a Visa card
- Not yet confirmed: Global Entry and travel credits
Reader SR17 just posted the below picture that looks to be Bank of America’s new premium credit card ironically called ‘Premium Rewards’.
- Sign up bonus of 50,000 points
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x points per $1 spent on all travel and dining purchases
- 1.5x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
This matches up with what other people were predicting, if that’s the case I’d also expect the following:
- $100 yearly travel credit
- $100 Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
- $95 annual fee
Pairing this with the Bank of America Preferred Rewards program would mean that it could earn up to 2.625x points on all purchases. This is the same as the current Travel Rewards card and apparently the points function the same as well (e.g must be redeemed against travel charges). It would also mean you’d be earning up to 3.5x points on restaurant and travel purchases. This would make it one of the best restaurant and every day credit cards when paired with the Preferred Rewards Platinum Honors status.
When it’s not paired with Preferred Rewards the card looks quite weak on the surface. At bare minimum it’ll be worth getting for the sign up bonus and then going from there based on whatever other benefits it might have. The reader that provided the image also confirmed a fall launch.