Published on January 2nd, 2019 | by William Charles149
[YMMV] American Express Delta Offers – Up To 75,000 Miles + $200 Statement Credit – No Lifetime Language
Update 1/2/19: Like clock work another round of people has been targeted.
Update 12/3/18: Another round of people have been targeted. Worth a look to see if you’re targeted.
Direct link to offer (if you get the message ‘PLEASE VERIFY THE INFORMATION YOU ENTERED IS CORRECT AND TRY AGAIN.’ then it means you’re not targeted)
- Delta/American Express have sent out a number of targeted offers on the co-branded cards.
- Delta Gold 75,000 miles + $50:
- 50,000 miles after $2,000 in spend within the first three months. An additional 25,000 bonus miles after an additional $1,000 in spend within the first six months. $50 statement credit after first Delta purchase.
- Delta Gold 70,000 miles: Same as above but without the statement credit and 5,000 miles less
- Delta Gold/Platinum/Reserve 75,000 miles + $200
- 50,000 miles after $2,000 in spend within the first three months. An additional 25,000 bonus miles after an additional $1,000 in spend within the first six months. Earn a $200 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in eligible Delta purchases within the first 6 months
The Fine Print
- These offers does not have the once per lifetime language, but please double check your own offer.
- Offers valid until February 20th, 2019
Previously the offers with no lifetime language have been 60,000 miles + $50 statement credit on the Gold card and lower bonuses on the other two cards. We’ve never seen that $200 statement credit deal as far as I’m aware. The downside to that offer is the $1,000 in Delta spend required. I imagine a lot of people would just prefer the 75,000 + $50 deal as a single purchase triggers the $50 credit rather than requiring $1,000 in spend.
If you’re targeted and have had the card before then I think either deal is worth doing as normally you wouldn’t be eligible for the sign up bonus again (even if you won’t hit the $1,000 in Delta spend required for the $200 bonus). As always read these things everybody should know about American Express if you have any questions. I’ll be creating a special ‘targeted/ymmv’ section of our best credit card bonus page and adding this bonus there.
Hat tip to readers Kumar