Published on March 13th, 2019 | by William Charles44
Bank of Hawaii (Barclays): 75,000 Miles Bonus Offer
Update 3/13/19: I’ve updated the our verdict section with some additional information.
- Bank of Hawaii is offering a bonus of up to 75,000 miles on the Hawaiian Airlines card:
- 50,000 miles after spending $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months
- 25,000 miles after spending $6,000 in total within the first 12 months
- Annual fee of $99 not waived
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3x miles on all eligible Hawaiian airline purchases
- 2x miles on all gas, dining and grocery store purchases
- 1x miles on all other purchases
- First checked bag free
- Valid until May 5th, 2019.
This card is actually issued by Barclays, but through Bank of Hawaii. According to readers in the comments this basically just means they use Barclays underwriting and approval process, so it’s the same as it would be when applying for a Barclays credit card. This means you need to keep in mind things such as the 6/24 rule. If you have any questions about Barclays and before applying for the card, I’d recommend reading this post on things everybody should know about Barclays.
In terms of what to do with the miles:
- You can get flights for 35,000 miles round trip with the card from mainland USA to Hawaii, but there isn’t a lot of space available.
- Intra island flights are 7,500 miles one way
- You can also transfer the miles to Hilton at a rate of 1:1.5 (although I’d say this is a bad use of points)
The bonus is much better than the 60,000 mile bonus available via Barclays directly and the highest we’ve seen on any Hawaiian card in the past. Because of this I’ll be adding this to our list of the best credit card bonuses.