Published on July 29th, 2018 | by William Charles243
Barclays Business Aviator Bonus Now 50,000 Miles After $1,000
Update 1/28/19: Deal is now 50,000 miles after $1,000 in purchases within three months.
Deal expires on July 29th, 2018. Time to get it if you’re interested is now.
July 28th update: Recently there has been issues with this application not submitting properly after clicking apply. It looks like that error has been fixed and it’s working again. Reposting to make people aware of this. Hat tip to reader Tim
- Barclays is offering a bonus of 50,000 miles after you make $1,000 in purchases first 90 days
- This is a limited-time offer and will no longer be available after July 29, 2018
- $95 annual fee is not waived
- Earn an American Airlines companion certificate. When you spend $30,000 or more in a card member year, you earn an American Airlines companion certificate. You pay $99 + taxes/fees and get a companion ticket to accompany you on any round trip economy fare.
- 5% annual mile bonus. You’ll receive an additional 5% bonus on all miles earned in the previous card member year (e.g earn 100,000 miles receive a 5,000 mile bonus) – you must pay the annual fee before you receive this bonus.
- Free checked bag
- Board with Group 5 on American
- 25% statement credit for all in flight purchases
- Reduce mileage rewards
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x American Airline miles on American Airline purchases
- 2x American Airline miles on office supply merchants, telecommunications merchants, and car rental merchants
- 1x American Airline miles on all other purchases
- Read our full review here
The annoying thing about Barclays business cards is that they sometimes report to your personal credit report and sometimes they don’t (update it seems to be old datapoints that suggest it does report to personal reports. Pretty sure it will no longer report to personal reports). This is significant for people worrying about the Chase 5/24 rule as if the card doesn’t report to your personal report it doesn’t count towards your 5/24 total. The bonus on this card has been 40,000 miles since launch, so this is an additional 10,000 miles. We have seen a bonus as high as 60,000 miles on the personal variation, so it might be worth waiting for that but YMMV if such an offer ever surfaces on the business card. Personally I think 50,000 miles that triggers on a single purchase is a good offer so we will be adding it to the best credit card bonuses.
As always if you have questions about Barclays credit cards, I’d recommend reading this post first. For example, Barclays will usually match a sign up bonus if you request a match within 30 days of signing up.