Published on July 26th, 2016 | by William Charles9
[CO only?] Bellco Platinum Rewards Credit Card Review – 3x Points On Lots Of Categories (Grocery, Gas & More)
Reader Ted has asked me to review the Bellco Platinum Rewards Credit Card, it looks pretty interesting at first glance at least so let’s get into the review.
- No annual fee
- Card earns 3x points on the following categories:
- Grocery Stores/Supermarkets (Whole Foods Market, King Soopers, Target, Walmart, Costco)
- Gas/ Service Stations (Conoco, Shell, Circle K, Corner Store)
- Automated Fuel Pumps (King Soopers Fuel, 7-Eleven Fuel, Jenny’s Market)
- Sporting Goods Stores (Cabela’s, Sports Authority, Bass Pro Shops)
- Shoe Stores (DSW, Payless, Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse, Zappos.com)
- Sports/Riding Apparel Stores (Dick’s Sporting Goods, Eddie Bauer, Lids)
- Fitness/Member Clubs & Private Golf Courses (24 Hour Fitness, OrangeTheory Fitness, Gold’s Gym, CorePower Yoga)
- Misc. Food/Convenience Stores (Starbuck’s, GNC, Schwan’s Home Delivery)
- Rec Centers/Ski Lifts/Var. (Arapahoe Basin, Boondocks, JumpStreet)
- Public Golf Courses (The Links, Deer Creek, Foothills Golf Course)
- Bicycle Shops/Sales/Service (Performance Bike, Bicycle Village, TriBella)
- Movie Theatres (AMC Theatres, Regal Cinemas, Elvis Cinema)
- Camper/Trailer Dealers (RV America, Ketelsen Campers, RV World)
- Tourist Attractions/Museums (Denver Art Museum, History Colorado Center)
- RV Parks/Campgrounds (Great Sand Dunes, Royal Gorge KOA)
- Sporting/Recreational Facilities (Colorado Clays, Challenger Sports, Altitude FC)
- Wholesale Clubs (Sam’s Club, Shamrock Food Service)
- Aquariums/Var. Zoo (Denver Aquarium, Butterfly Pavilion)
- Bowling Alleys (Brunswick Zone, Lucky Strike, Fat Cats)
- Card earns 2x points on the following categories:
- Cable / Satellite Services (Hulu, Comcast, Netflix, DIRECTV)
- Internet Services (XBOX Live, GoDaddy, PayPal, AOL)
- Phone Services (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Cricket)
- No sign up bonus
How Much Are Points Worth?
Points can be redeemed for the following:
- Hotel reservations, airfare, cruises, vacation getaways, event tickets, theme parks, charitable donations, merchandise, gift cards or as a statement credit
Points are worth 1¢ a piece when redeeming for statement credit in increments of $100.
This bank is based out of Colorado and I believe it’s only available to Colorado residents. If anybody out of Colorado tries to apply, let us know how you go.
The only thing of interest are the 3x categories (you can get 2% cash back on all purchases with other cards, so the 2x categories are worthless). At best these 3x categories are worth 3% cash back, that’s only an additional 1% cash back over a 2% card. Because this card doesn’t come with a sign up bonus, you’d need to spend a lot on those 3x categories to make this a better option than a card that has a high sign up bonuses. For the majority of people, I don’t think that would be the case. That being said, it is nice to have another card that earns 3x on grocery stores without a cap so for heavy hitters it could make sense.