Update 5/3/21: More targeted.
Update 3/25/21: More targeted, this time when logging into personal checking account. hat tip to reader erik
It has long been possible to bypass the Chase 5/24 rule on personal cards by looking for ‘Just For You’/’Selected For You’ green check mark offers. Yesterday reddit user GR1022 saw an offer on a business card with a black star saying ‘For Business Owners’ when checking for Just For You offers. This offer has a fixed APR and despite being over 5/24 GR1022 & others (gofarhaveacigar & Pointsmiles) have been approved. I haven’t been able to independently verify this as the offers don’t show up for me, but based on the amount of datapoints this seems to be working. The offers look as follows:
Some other information:
- These are showing up on personal accounts (not on personal & business combined accounts)
- Standard offers are showing (e.g $500 on the Chase Ink Cash/Chase Ink Unlimited and 80,000 on the Chase Ink Preferred)
- After applying for one card the other offers will disappear, so apply for the card you want the most first
- Update 12/30/20: More targeted.
- Update 12/6/20: More people targeted.
- Update 1/28/20: More people targeted
- Update 11/16/19: More people targeted
- Update 8/25/19: Looks like more people have been targeted, worth checking to see if that includes you.
- Update 6/4/19: Multiple reports today that new people have been targeted for these offers which are immune to 5/24 (1, 2, 3). Be sure to check for the fixed APR.
- Update 4/25/19: Many more data points indicating this is bypassing 5/24. Interestingly after applying some people are still seeing the other offers and have successfully been approved for a second card. For most people the other offers disappear after applying but that doesn’t seem to always be the case. Best idea is to still apply for the card you want the most first and then maybe you get lucky and can get a second card a swell.