Published on August 1st, 2019 | by William Charles31
[CA, IN, IL, MA, MT, NV, NJ, RI, UT, WA] ShortHop: Validate Identity & Get $25 In BTC
- Cryptocurrency platform ShortHop is offering $25 in BTC when you validate your identity with the site
The Fine Print
- Available in the following states: California, Indiana, Illinois, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Utah, and Washington
- Following completion of successful Level 1 identity verification, ShortHop will deposit $25 USD equivalent of Bitcoin into your Bitcoin (BTC) wallet.
- Following your successful verification at Level 1, your BTC credit will be immediately available to use for trading on the ShortHop platform. This BTC credit will only be available for transfer to an external wallet following: (i) your successful completion of a new order on the ShortHop platform, and (ii) a waiting period of thirty (30) days following your successful Level 1 verification.
- Please note that your available balance will not reflect the BTC credit until the aforementioned qualifications have been met. If you do not successfully complete a new order within thirty (30) days from your successful Level 1 verification, you understand that you forfeit any right to transact using the BTC credit. Notwithstanding the foregoing, upon successful Level 2 verification, your BTC credit will be promptly made available to you for withdrawal to an external wallet.
Looks like level 1 verification requires your name, contact information, address, and the last four digits of social security number and level 2 verification (required to cash out the BTC) scan or photo image of a driver’s license of government-issued ID. Looks like Short Hop is an off shoot of Velocity Markets. I’ve never heard of either of these sites/services before but I don’t really follow crypto closely. Personally I’ll be giving this deal a miss as I don’t feel comfortable sharing that sort of data with them but others might.
Hat tip to reader iconartisan