Update2: This deal is now over, for more bank bonuses go here.
Update: First Republic have gotten back to us and let us know the following “This promotion is not applicable to everyone and is exclusive to our clients and those within our footprint“
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Must apply in branch, locations in California, Orgeon, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut & Florida
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Opt for eStatements, have a minimum monthly balance of $5,000
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $20, avoidable if average monthly balance > $3,500
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Expiration date: June 30th, 2014
Direct link to offer (no direct link available)
We were e-mailed this offer by one reader who preferred to remain anonymous. We then inquired about this account on twitter and then called into confirm. We were only able to confirm that this offer is currently available for the California branches, although it may possibly be available at their branches in Oregon, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Florida. Additional data source(s): 1, 2
- Receive $150 when you open a new ATM rebate checking account
- Receive an additional $100 when you sign up for online statements
The Fine Print
- Valid until June 30th, 2014
- $500 minimum opening amount
- Bonus will be credited 90 days after account opening providing that the account is still open and in good standing and their is a minimum monthly average of $5,000 in the account
- One offer per household
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
You can view the full fee schedule for this account by clicking here. A $25 monthly fee is charged if the account has less than $3,500 as it’s average monthly balance. There is no mention of any early account termination fee.
I decided to do a bit more research on this bank and it looks like they cater to mostly high net worth individuals, all the reviews I see mention personalized service and I didn’t see any glaring complaints. If you live within the service area, I’d recommend calling them up to see if you qualify and to get some more specifics about the offer.
The account also comes with a few little nifty features that most accounts don’t have:
- No ATM fees worldwide (they reimburse fees charged by other providers)
- Free box of checks (first order only)
I’m planning on going into a branch sometime this week if I pass one to ask some more questions, this is definitely a good deal but I want to make sure it’s NOT a hard pull before opening the account. It’ll also be interesting to see if they allow credit card funding. Until then this won’t be added to our recommended checking promo page, but it has been added to our complete list of new account checking offers.
Direct link to offer (no direct link available) | Screenshot of offer (none provided)