Published on March 21st, 2016 | by William Charles0
[Expired] [CA only] Wescom Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
This bonus has expired, you can view more bank account bonuses here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in the seven Southern California counties (Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, Riverside, San Diego, Ventura and Santa Barbara) is eligible to open an account at Wescom
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: Yes, see below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $8, waivable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Expiration date: April 30th, 2016
- Receive a sign up bonus of $200 when you open a new Wescom checking account, bonus is broken down as follows:
- Open a Wescom Checking Account with $100 = Earn $50
- Become a Signature Member during your New Member Period (first 90 days) = Earn another $50
- Achieve Platinum Signature Membership during that same period = Earn an additional $100
You need a certain amount of qualifying relationships to achieve signature membership and platinum signature membership.
- Signature Membership — If you have a Signature Score of five to seven Signature Relationships .
- Platinum Signature Membership — If you have a Signature Score of eight or more Signature Relationships .
Here is what qualifies a signature relationship:
- Checking Account — Relationships based on Average Daily Balance
- Active BillPayer (electronic payments only)*
- Active Check Card
- Savings Accounts — Relationships based on aggregate share balances
- A Money Market Account with Average Daily Balance of $2,500 or more
- A Certificate Account with a balance
- IRA with a minimum balance of $500
- eStatements (opted out of paper statements)
- Active eBranch
- Recurring Direct Deposit of $500+ per month
Loans or Credit Cards
- Mortgage Loan
- Active Credit Card† (or open account carrying a balance)
- Auto Loan (additional loans each receive one additional relationship)
- Home Equity Loan with a balance or a Home Equity Line of Credit
- Consumer Loan or Line of Credit with a balance
Insurance and Financial Services
- Members age 18-25
Account Open Date
- Account open longer than 10 years
- Account open longer than 25 years
- Account open longer than 50 years:Automatic Platinum Signature Membership
The Fine Print
- The New Member Period is considered your first 90 days of joining Wescom Credit Union
- The $8 monthly Checking Account service fee is waived for Platinum Signature Members and Signature Members, New Checking Accounts for the first 90 days, members age 18 through 22 who are active eBranch users and who have opted out of paper statements, Youth Accounts (members through age 17), Members age 60 and older, and Club and Organization Accounts
- Youth accounts and members under the age of 18 are excluded from this offer. Wescom employees, their families, Wescom Volunteers, and Wescom Board of Directors are not eligible for this offer
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Their no fee checking account has a $8 monthly fee that is waived if you have platinum or platinum signature membership.
It’s extremely difficult to get 8 or more signature relationships, even if you do checking account with direct deposit, bill pay, check card, eStatements, online banking you only have 6 points (only enough for the $100 bonus), you’d basically need some sort of loan to get the full $200 bonus.
This one just seems like entirely too much work to be useful to be honest. Because of this we didn’t add it to our list of the best bank bonuses. If you have any experience with this bank, please let me know in the comments.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank