Published on January 10th, 2020 | by William Charles71
[YMMV, In Branch] Citibank Business Up To $2,000 Checking Bonus
Update 1/10/2020: Deal has been extended to March 31st, 2020 as per reader B
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $2,000
- Availability: Must open in branch [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Deposit up to $200,000
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $15, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2019
No direct link, being offered in branch
- Citibank Business is offering a bonus of up to $2,000 when you open a new business checking account. The bonus you receive depends on how much you deposit, balance must be maintained for 60 calendar days after deposit.
- Receive a $200 bonus with a $5,000 deposit
- Receive a $500 bonus with a $15,000 deposit
- Receive a $700 bonus with a $25,000 deposit
- Receive a $1,000 bonus with a $50,000 deposit
- Receive a $1,500 bonus with a $100,000 deposit
- Receive a $2,000 bonus with a $200,000 deposit
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The easiest account to keep fee free is the CitiBusiness®Streamlined Checking Account, this has a monthly fee of $15 and is waived have an average monthly balance of $5,000 or more.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee to worry about.
Reader Jay was able to get this offer just by going into a branch and asking if they had any current promotions for opening a new account. Entirely possible it won’t be available in all/most branches, but feel free to share your data points in the comments below. Similar to a previous targeted bonus, with higher tiers available as well. The return gets worse as the bonus increases as unfortunately.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times