Published on September 16th, 2019 | by William Charles4
Capital One GM BuyPower Card Adds New Redemption Options (Vehicle Care & GM Extras).
Capital One offers the GM BuyPower card, this card currently offers a sign up bonus of up to $2,000. The catch is that previously that could only be used on the purchase or lease of any new GMC or any other GM vehicle. Capital One/GM have announced that cardholders can now redeem rewards towards statement credit for qualifying purchases of vehicle care and GM extras. There is a cap of $250 in statement credits per calendar year. Qualifying purchases include:
- OnStar** Safety & Security, which includes Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance and much more.
- Connected Services*** Plans which include access to the vehicle’s mobile app, in-vehicle app experiences, and more.
- In-dealership purchases of Vehicle accessories, such as tonneau covers and bedliners for pickups, bike racks, all-weather floor mats and wheels.
- Scheduled maintenance such as oil changes, tire rotations and battery replacement, and mechanical repairs, including brake jobs and air conditioning service at GM dealerships.
- SiriusXM (www.SiriusXM.com)
I guess this is a slight improvement for some people, but I doubt it will affect most readers.