Update 1/8/20: Capital One sent out new info now that this offer will end on January 27, 2020.
- Signup for the Capital One Spark Cash card and get the following bonuses:
- $500 bonus after spending $5,000 within 3 months
- an additional $1,500 bonus after spending an additional $45,000 within 6 months ($50,000 spend total)
- Signup for the Capital One Spark Miles card and get the following bonuses:
- 50,000 miles bonus after spending $5,000 within 3 months
- an additional 150,000 miles bonus after spending an additional $45,000 within 6 months ($50,000 total spend)
- Card earns 2%/2x on all purchases
- Annual fee of $95 is waived first year
- No foreign transaction fees
We saw the same offer at the end of last year/start of this year as well. If you spend the full $50,000 required you’ll earn a total of $3,000/300,000 points ($2,000 bonus plus $1,000 from the spend itself) that works out to be exactly 6% back. We’ve seen offers of $500 after $5k spend, and $1k after $10k spend as well. Capital One business cards also report on your personal credit reports (though lately they seem to have stopped reporting the Spark Cash card, specifically) which is important for anybody worrying about Chase’s 5/24 rule. They also pull all three credit bureuas.
Capital One miles are now transferable to transfer partners (2:1.5 unless otherwise stated)
- Aeroplan (Air Canada)
- Cathay Pacific
- Emirates (2:1 rate)
- Etihad Airways
- EVA Air, Finnair
- Flying Blue (Air France and KLM)
- Hainan Airlines
- JetBlue (2:1 rate)
- Qatar Airways
- Singapore (2:1 rate)
Capital One occasionally offers transfer bonuses as well. A lot of spend required for this offer, so won’t be attractive for most readers but if you’re able to generate a lot of spend then this might be a good offer for you. We will be adding this to our best credit card bonus page.