Published on January 7th, 2019 | by Chuck61
Capital One Spark Cash $2,000 Signup Bonus & Spark Miles 200,000 Signup Bonus (6% Back)
Update 1/7/19: Capital One has told affiliates that this deal will end on January 28th, 2019. Keep in mind sometimes offers are still available after the affiliate link end date, but I wouldn’t rely on that. In addition Capital One is usually better about pulling offers than other issues but YMMV.
- Signup for the Capital One Spark Cash card and get the following bonuses:
- $500 bonus after spending $5,000 within 3 months
- an additional $1,500 bonus after spending an additional $45,000 within 6 months ($50k spend total)
- Signup for the Capital One Spark Miles card and get the following bonuses:
- 50,000 miles bonus after spending $5,000 within 3 months
- an additional 150,000 miles bonus after spending an additional $45,000 within 6 months
- Card earns 2%/2x on all purchases
- Annual fee of $95 is waived first year
- No foreign transaction fees
The cards always earn 2%/2x on all spend, and you’ll get that on all your spend, on top of the bonus. In the end, you’ll land up with $3,000/300k after spending $50,000 ($2k bonus + $1k from regular 2%/2x earn) which is a 6% return on spend. Previous standard offer was $500 after $5k spend, and we’ve seen $1k after $10k spend as well.
Personally, I think I’ll pass so as not to have to deal with all the spend, but this is quite a nice offer for someone with lots of spend they do anyway or has creative ways of increasing their spend.
Capital One is a bit of a downer since they pull all three credit bureaus. You can somewhat limit this by freezing your TransUnion or Experian reports and they will just pull Equifax and whatever one you didn’t freeze (note: some have had problems with this method). I still think this is a strong bonus, plus, hard pulls are becoming less of an issue for most people with other issuers cracking down on how often you can get a sign up bonus.
We’ll add this to our list of the best business credit card bonuses. If you have any questions about Capital One, please read this post first. Capital One business cards also report on your personal credit reports, which is important for anybody worrying about Chase’s 5/24 rule.
Capital One recently added transfer partners which makes their Miles card the better option for someone who wants to use this toward travel. If you don’t travel at all, you’ll be better with the Cash card since redemption on the Miles card might be difficult for you. Here are the Spark Miles transfer partners, transfers at 2:1.5 ratio:
- Aeroplan (Air Canada)
- Cathay Pacific
- Etihad Airways
- EVA Air, Finnair
- Flying Blue (Air France and KLM)
- Hainan Airlines
- Qatar Airways