Published on January 30th, 2018 | by William Charles15
Cathay Pacific Credit Card Bonus Increased To 35,000 Miles After $2,500 In Spend With Annual Fee Waived First Year
- Synchrony & Cathay Pacific have increased the sign up bonus on their cobranded credit card to 35,000 miles after $2,500 in spend within the first 90 days of account opening. Annual fee of $95 is also waived for the first year
- Annual fee of $95 is waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x Asia miles per $1 spent on eligible Cathay Pacific travel and in-flight purchases
- 1.5x Asia miles per $1 spent on dining in the US or aboard
- 1.5x Asia miles per $1 spent on purchases outside of the US
- 1x Asia miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Complimentary first year green tier membership in the Marco Polo Club (Cathay Pacific’s loyalty program. Green tier is their base level and as I understand it first year is always free. Second year onwards you need to pay $100 USD or earn 100 Club points).
Standard bonus is 25,000, but we’ve seen a public offer for 50,000 points without the annual fee being waived and a targeted offer for 75,000 points as well. Most recently it has been 35,000 without the annual fee waived as well. Personally I’d probably wait until the 50,000 miles bonus returns, but with the $95 annual fee waived this could be similar value depending on how much you value the miles.
Keep in mind that this card is issued by Synchrony, I’d recommend reading this post about them before applying. It seems that they always pull TransUnion for applications. You can read our full review of the card here (just note the higher sign up bonus now available). It is worth remembering that SPG, American Express Membership Rewards & Citi ThankYou points all transfer to Cathay.
In terms of using Cathay Pacific miles below is their award chart (found here):
Travel is Free probably has the best post on redeeming Cathay Pacific miles, read that here.