Published on November 15th, 2017 | by William Charles24
[Targeted] Synchrony Cathay Pacific Credit Card 75,000 Mile Bonus
No direct link, targeted offer sent out via e-mail
- Synchrony is offering a sign up bonus of 75,000 miles after $2,500 in spend within the first three months of being a cardholder on the Cathay Pacific credit card
- Annual fee of $95 is not waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x Asia miles per $1 spent on eligible Cathay Pacific travel and in-flight purchases
- 1.5x Asia miles per $1 spent on dining in the US or aboard
- 1.5x Asia miles per $1 spent on purchases outside of the US
- 1x Asia miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Complimentary first year green tier membership in the Marco Polo Club (Cathay Pacific’s loyalty program. Green tier is their base level and as I understand it first year is always free. Second year onwards you need to pay $100 USD or earn 100 Club points).
- Read our full review of the card here.
Highest public bonus was just recently 50,000 miles, so this is even better. Keep in mind that this card is issued by Synchrony, I’d recommend reading this post about them before applying. It is worth remembering that SPG, American Express Membership Rewards & Citi ThankYou points all transfer to Cathay. I’m no expert on redeeming these miles so I’d recommend reading this Travel is Free post instead. Award chart is as follows:
I think this is a great offer if you are targeted, 75,000 miles is significant and the minimum spend requirement isn’t too bad either. Shame it’s targeted otherwise this would be going straight to the best credit card bonus page. Fingers crossed this is a sign of things to come.
Hat tip to reader Brad & US Credit Card Guide