Published on December 3rd, 2018 | by Chuck34
[Repost] Chase Hyatt Cards: Get $50 in Statement Credits with $1,000 in Select Spend during November and December
[December 2018: December credit is now available.]
- Register to get a $25 statement credit when you spend $500 during the month November or December in the following categories: internet, cable and phone services; shipping; grocery stores; movie theaters.
- Deal can be repeated each month, so you can get a $25 when spending $500 in November and another $25 when spending $500 in December.
The Fine Print
- Must register for this promotion by November 30, 2018
- All categories combine toward the $500 threshold, e.g. you can spend $400 at the grocery store and $100 on cable.
- Valid on your Hyatt Credit Card or your World of Hyatt Credit Card.
- Registration requires your World of Hyatt membership number and Hyatt credit card number.
- Merchants who accept Visa credit cards are assigned a merchant code, which is determined by the merchant or its processor in accordance with Visa procedures based on the kinds of products and services they primarily sell. We group similar merchant codes into categories for purposes of making rewards offers to you. Please note: We make every effort to include all relevant merchant codes in our rewards categories. However, even though a merchant or some of the items that it sells may appear to fit within a rewards category, the merchant may not have a merchant code in that category. When this occurs, purchases with that merchant won’t qualify for rewards offers on purchases in that category.
- Purchases submitted by you, an authorized user, or the merchant through third-party payment accounts, mobile or wireless card readers, online or mobile digital wallets, or similar technology will not qualify in a rewards category if the technology is not set up to process the purchase in that rewards category.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks after qualifying for statement credit to post to your account.
- Maximum statement credit accumulation during the promotional period is $50.
- To qualify for this statement credit offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
- Internet, cable, and phone services: Only purchases for internet, cable, satellite television, radio, cellular, wireless data, and landline services will qualify. Please note that purchases of equipment are not included. In addition, if you purchase or pay for your internet, cable and satellite television, phone or related services in a merchant’s store that is not classified by the merchant in the applicable services category, the purchase or payment will not qualify; for example, phone bill payments in a merchant’s store that is classified as a telephone equipment store.
- Shipping: Merchants in the shipping category specialize in mailing packages, hauling freight, and transporting goods or documents. Shipping merchants include couriers, postal and freight shipping companies, express shipping services and mailbox stores. Please note that purchases at some merchants will not qualify. Examples include merchants who sell a wide variety of general goods but also ship items, including office supply stores that also mail packages. Also, purchases, or portions of purchases, that are not processed by the merchant as shipping purchases will not qualify. These include the additional cost to ship something you buy, or using a third party (such as Amazon) for bulk warehousing and shipping. Merchants that primarily sell boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap or other shipping supplies are also not included in this category.
- Grocery stores: Merchants in the grocery stores category include supermarkets, merchants that offer a full service grocery line of merchandise including a deli and bakery as well as smaller grocery stores. Please note that some merchants that sell grocery items are not included in this category; for example, larger stores that sell a wide variety of goods and groceries, such as warehouse clubs, discount stores and some smaller merchants such as drugstores, and merchants that specialize in only a few grocery items. Purchases made at gas stations from merchants who also operate grocery stores are not included in this category. In addition, delivery service merchants will not be included in this category unless the merchant has set up such purchases to be classified in the grocery stores category.
- Movie theaters: Merchants in the movie theaters category show motion pictures to an audience, including at drive-in theaters. Please note that theaters that provide live entertainment and merchants that sell and rent movies or provide movie subscription or streaming services are not included in this category. In addition, if you make purchases that are not processed by the merchant in the movie theaters category, the purchase will not qualify; for example food and beverage, or merchandise purchases.
It’s 5% cash back, plus points; not bad. One of the eligible categories is grocery stores, and there are a bunch of deals at grocery stores which can stack: Kroger stores, Giant/Stop&Shop/Martin’s, Publix, Safeway stores.