Published on September 13th, 2017 | by William Charles43
Chase IHG 80,000 Points + $50 Statement Credit Offer
- Chase is offering a $50 statement credit after your first purchase and 80,000 IHG points after spending $1,000 within the first three months on the Chase IHG card.
- Annual fee of $49, waived first year
- Free night certificate on your card member anniversary, can be used at any IHG property
- 10% rebate on all points that are redeemed (maximum of 100,000 per year)
- Platinum Elite status for as long as you’re a card member
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points at IHG properties
- 2x points at gas stations, grocery stores & restaurants
- 1x points on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- This card is not subject to the Chase 5/24 rule
- 5,000 points when you add an authorized user after they make their first purchase
Normally this would be a great offer, but you can currently get 100,000 points after $2,000 in spend by calling in. Personally I think that offer is significantly better than this offer, but this offer does have a lower minimum spend requirement of $1,000 and also a $50 statement credit instead of the extra 20,000 points plus you don’t have to apply by phone. I still think everybody should apply for the other offer instead of this one, but maybe this is of some use to people. You can read more about Chase cards generally here. I’ll add mention to this in our best credit card bonus list.