We originally posted this in July 2017, then reposted it in October 2017 as it was listed as ‘Final Call’. I didn’t think the bonus ever expired, but I’m not sure and other readers are reporting it did so I’m reposting just so people are aware it’s available again.
Reposting because there is an even more public link available now. We originally posted on June 26th, 2017.
- The Citi American Airline executive card is offering a sign up bonus of 75,000 miles after $7,500 in spend.
- Annual fee of $450 not waived, but you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Admirals Club® Membership Privileges
- Earn up to 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles per calendar year after you spend $40,000 within a calendar year
- No foreign purchase fees
- Enhanced Airport Experience
- First Checked Bag Free
- Earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on American Airlines, 1 mile per $1 for all other purchases
- $100 Credit For Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
- Admirals Club Access For Authorized Users
- 24 month rule does apply
Best recent offer is 60,000 miles, but the all time public high is 100,000 miles. I doubt we will ever see the 100,000 mile bonus again (or at least anytime soon) but it’s entirely possible if American Airlines keeps up the trend of having no saver award space available and devaluing the program. The card does come with a hefty $450 annual fee, you really need to be able to use the Admirals Club access to get any sort of value out of this card even with the 75,000 point sign up bonus. Standard sign up bonus is 50,000 miles.
Personally this card is a pass for me, AA miles don’t excite me and neither does a $450 annual fee. As always if you have any questions about this card or Citi in general, please read this detailed post first.
Hat tip to reader Diamond Vargas & Russ B