Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: select counties and cities of VA and two counties of NC
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $5
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, $15
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
- 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is offering a $100 checking bonus when you complete the following requirements within 60 days of account opening :
- Receive a recurring direct deposit
- Sign up for eStatements
The Fine Print
- One monthly recurring direct deposit required and sign up for e-Statements required within 60 days of account opening.
- The accounts must remain open and in good standing for 90 days.
- If new account is closed within first 90 days, there is a $15 early closing fee.
- Account will be reviewed once during a 60-90 day period to qualify for incentive.
- Incentive will be credited to the checking account 60-90 days after opening.
- This is a limited time offer and 1st Advantage reserves the right to cancel the promotion without notice.
- 1st Advantage colleagues are not eligible.
- Direct Deposit: A qualifying Direct Deposit is an electronic credit of your salary, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income deposited to your account by your employer or an outside agency.
- Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a banking location or ATM do not qualify as a Direct Deposit.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $5 monthly fee that cannot be avoided.
Early Account Termination Fee
If new account is closed within first 90 days, there is a $15 early closing fee
Not really worth it with the $5 monthly fee that can’t be waived.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times