Published on November 4th, 2019 | by Chuck15
Citibank to Launch High Interest Online Savings Account for American Airlines Cardholders; 50,000 Miles Bonus, 25% Spend Bonus
Citibank plans to launch a high-interest online savings account called Citi Miles Ahead for their American Airlines credit cardholders. (CNBC)
- Exact interest rate unknown, but it’s being presented as a high interest account.
- Earn up to 50,000 American miles for signing up (presumably this will be tiered with high deposits earning 50k and lower deposits earning lower amounts).
- 25% boost on miles earned through the credit card (capped at the first $50,000 spent).
- Account will only be available in areas outside of Citi’s physical footprint.
- Account is only for Citi American Airlines credit cardholders.
We’ve known that Citi wants to launch a national digital bank, and they’ve already launched their Citi Accelerate savings account which offers competitive interest rates. The Citi Miles Ahead savings account sounds like it’ll be similar, but with special perks targeting American Airlines users.