Published on April 18th, 2019 | by William Charles134
T-Mobile Money Review – Earn 4% APY On Balances Up To $3,000
Update 4/18/19: This account has been available since November 28th, 2018 but it wasn’t being actively advertised by T-Mobile and T-Mobile was considering it an unofficial pilot program. That has changed today (T-Mobile is now pushing this account and sending out press releases). I assume that means the account is also here to stay.
Offer at a glance
- Interest Rate: 1-4% APY
- Minimum Balance: None listed
- Maximum Balance: $3,000
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull (states no hard pull here in the F.A.Q (under about t-mobile money))
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown but unlikely
- Monthly fees: None
- Insured: FDIC
- T-Mobile has launched T-Mobile money, this is a digital checking powered by BankMobile (division of Customers Bank). All users receive an APY of 1% on all balances. T-Mobile Wireless customers receive an APY of 4% on balances up to $3,000 when they deposit at least $200 per month (must also be registered for perks with your T-Mobile ID). Apparently this is only a pilot program (although anybody can join)
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
We still need to learn a bit more about this product, such as whether it’s a hard or soft pull to open the account but it does look very promising for T-Mobile customers. 4% APY is one of the top high yield savings rates and the requirements are easy to meet as it seems like any $200 deposit qualifies you for this rate. The maximum balance of $3,000 is on the lower side, but should still be worth doing for most T-Mobile customers I think. If anybody signs up for this account then please share your experiences in the comments below. This is also a checking account so it’s more attractive than a traditional savings account as well.