Published on August 10th, 2015 | by William Charles58
[Expired]Citizens Bank $150 Checking Bonus, No Direct Deposit Requirement [MI & OH, CT, DE, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, and VT]
This bonus has now expired, view the best bank bonuses by clicking here.
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: MI & OH, CT, DE, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, and VT
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Five debit card purchase or payments or an additional deposit
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull as long as you opt out of over draft protecton.
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000 (cannot be funded in branch with a credit card)
- Monthly fees: $9.99, waive-able
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Expiration date: None listed
- Receive a sign up bonus of $150 when you open your first new One Deposit Checking from Citizens Bank and complete the following requirements:
- Register online by completing all the fields and submitting the form on the linked page
- Open your first new One Deposit Checking account or other first new personal checking account within 30 days of the coupon download
- Make an additional deposit (excluding the opening deposit) OR five qualifying debit card payments or purchases within 45 days of opening your new checking account
The Fine Print
- Primary signer on the new checking account may not be or have been a primary or secondary signer on any personal checking account within the previous six months
- Offer only available to the person who receives this email (you can review the e-mail by entering your details on the site)
- Qualified debit card payments and purchases include signature and PIN based debit transactions through a third party web site and in person directly at a merchant. Online Bill Payments and ATM transactions do not qualify
- Bonus will be deposited to your qualifying checking account within 145 days of opening your new checking account and will be labeled as “Balance Builder Bonus.”
- One bonus per customer
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Monthly fee of $9.99 is waived if you have a deposit of any amount to the checking account that month. We couldn’t locate their fee schedule so I am unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
This is a pretty good bonus considering there is no hard pull, you can fund $1,000 with a credit card and there is no direct deposit requirement. I would complete this bonus if I lived within the target area, but unfortunately I do not. I’ve added it to our list of the best bank bonuses and also included it in our complete list of checking bonuses.