The Ritz-Carlton credit card is issued by Chase. All of our credit card reviews are unbiased because we don’t have any financial relationships with any of the card issuers, that means you can trust what we say. Other credit card review sites receive a large commission every time somebody signs up for a credit card, this means they are more likely to recommend cards that pay them a commission.
- 1 Application Information
- 2 Rewards Program
- 3 Benefits
- 4 Our Verdict
- 5 F.A.Q’s & Tips
- 6 Non Marriott Questions
What Credit Score Is Required
Credit Karma does not provide approved data for this card and the credit boards credit pull app does not have any data on this card either.
|Credit Boards||Credit Karma|
|Lowest approved score||N/A||N/A|
|Average approved score||N/A||N/A|
Common Reasons For Denial:
If you’re denied by Chase remember to call the reconsideration line to try to over turn this decision, the reconsideration number for Chase can be found here. If you’ve never called reconsideration before, then read our tips first.
- Too many recent inquiries with Chase
What Credit Bureau Does Chase Pull For The Ritz Carlton Card?
The credit bureau that Chase uses is dependent on your location, I’d recommend using the Credit Boards credit pull tool to see information for your state or you can read this post by us.
What Credit Limit Will I Receive?
|Minimum Credit Limit||Highest Reported Credit Limit||Average Credit Limit|
This card earns Ritz-Carlton points, these points can be redeemed for Ritz-Carlton stays and can also be used interchangeably with Marriott points.
- 5x Ritz-Carlton points per $1 spent at Ritz-Carlton hotels
- 1x on all other purchases
Sign Up Bonus
Current Sign Up Bonus
- 140,000 points when you spend $3,000 or more in purchases within three months of account opening. Annual fee of $395 not waived.
Sign Up Bonus History
Note: At some stage the travel credit increased from $200 to $300, this is not reflected in the sign up bonuses below.
- (possibly as early as May 26th) August 17th – September 24th, 2014:
- 140,00 Points after $2,000 spend in three months. Annual fee of $395 not waived
- 70,000 points after $2,000 spend in three months. Annual fee of $395 waived
- July 25th, 2012 – May 26th, 2014: 70,000 points after you spend $2,000 or more in three months. Annual fee of $395 not waived
- June 13th – July 25th, 2012: 70,000 points after first purchase spend in three months. Annual fee of $395 waived
- May 27th, 2014: 70,000 points after $2,000 in spend in three months, annual fee of $395 is waived. Offer also came with a $200 Ritz-Carlton gift card. Highly targeted and only at people with a lot of recent stays at Ritz-Carlton.
- August 9th, 2013: 70,000 points after $2,000 spend in three months. Annual fee of $395 is waived.
- June 11th, 2013 – July 2013:
Redeeming Your Rewards
- Lounge club access for you and a guest at no cost
- Gold elite status for you first year and subsequent years if you spend at least $10,000 per year
- Platinum status if you spend $75,000 or more in one year
- J.P. Morgan Premier Concierge
- Primary rental coverage
- Free roadside assistance
- Visa signature benefits (requires you to be approved with a credit limit of $5,000 or above)
- 10% annual points premium on all points earned through card purchases during the year
- 3 upgrades to Ritz-Carlton Club® Level on paid stays of three nights or longer
- $300 annual travel credit
- $100 hotel credit on paid stays of two nights or longer
We Recommend This Card For:
We Don’t Recommend This Card For:
F.A.Q’s & Tips
Marriott Related Questions
Can you combine Ritz-Carlton & Marriott points?
Yes they are, you can only have a Ritz-Carlton or Marriott account at one time but you can log into either site using the same account number.
I am a Marriott member, can I apply for this offer?
Yes, just put your Marriott ID in the section it asks for your Ritz-Carlton membership id, these are the same numbers. You can also just leave the space blank and they’ll assign you a new Ritz-Carlton number (the points will still be usable with Marriott)
Can I apply for this card if I’ve had the Marriott cards in the past? Will I receive the sign up bonus?
Yes and yes.
Will this also give me gold status with Marriott?
Yes, whatever status you have with Ritz-Carlton will also be applicable to Marriott and vice versa (Platinum status is not transferable though, even if you hit the $75,000 spending requirement).
Can I apply for a Chase Marriott Card & Ritz-Carlton Card at the same time and get the bonus for both?
Yes, you should be able to do this. Keep in mind it might be more difficult to get approved for two cards at the same time.
Will I get 5x points on Marriott spend?
No, only on spend at Ritz-Carlton properties.
Non Marriott Questions
Lounge Club Questions
How long does it take for the lounge card to arrive? Can I access the lounges before it arrives?
You need the separate lounge card to be granted access to the lounges, showing your credit card will not work. Some people have reported being told by the customer service representatives to just pay for lounge access (at one of the included lounges) using the Ritz-Carlton card and then call up to have it reimbursed if you lounge card does not arrive in time for your trip. You should confirm this yourself before doing it.
For some reason they are not able to expedite delivery of these cards. The lounge card will arrive separately to your credit card, it usually arrives a week or so afterwards and is sent by USPS but the official documentation states that you’ll receive it within two weeks.
How many guests will be admitted free of charge using the club card?
This depends on the specific lounge you want to attend, it seems you can have as many guests as you like up to the lounge limit.
Is the travel credit based on a card member year or calendar year?
The fine print specifically states it’s based on a calendar year.
Maximum statement credit accumulation for this offer is $300 per calendar year
How long does it take for my Ritz-Carlton bonus points to post?
Two days after the statement closing date.
How long does it take for my gold status to show?
Most people will see their status with Ritz-Carlton update to gold as soon as they are approved. It can take up to two weeks.
Do I need to charge the ticket to my Ritz-Carlton card to be eligible for airline incidentals?
No, you don’t need to use your RC card to purchase your airline credit to be eligible for incidentals on that flight.
How long will it take for my account to show gold status?
It should update before your card arrives. It usually takes 1-2 business days after your approval.
Can I transfer these points?
Yes, but you must transfer them to a domestic partner or spouse. In practically usually if you live with somebody they will allow the transfer to go through.
What is the code to check for the $100 room credit?
Z34 and this can be booked directly.
What is the code to check for club level upgrades?
z38, but you cannot check for this on your own. You will need to call & ask.