Published on March 8th, 2016 | by William Charles0
[CT only] Charter Oak $100 Annual Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: CT only
- Direct deposit required: Optional, direct deposit of $1,500 or more or 4 unique bill payments
- Additional requirements: Maintain a deposit or loan balance of $20,000 or more
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees:
- Early account termination fee: Have to keep account open for at least one year
- Expiration date: None listed
- Receive a bonus of $100 annually when you meet the monthly criteria for “Gold Rewards” for 12 months beginning in January of each year. The criteria are as follows:
- Maintain a checking account
- Maintain either a Direct Deposit of $1500 or more within the month, or have BillPay with a minimum of 4 unique payments posted within the month
- Have a minimum combined deposit and loan balance of $20,000 or more
The Fine Print
- In addition to the benefits listed above, each year a Special Bonus will be paid to “Gold Rewards” Members who meet the monthly criteria for “Gold Rewards” for 12 months beginning in January of each year
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Account has no monthly fees and you need to keep it open at least a year to get the full bonus, so I doubt any early account termination fee will be charged.
I like on going bonuses, but the $20,000 requirement is an absolute killer (as well as the on going monthly requirements). They do have an account that earns an APY of 3% on accounts up to $10,000, but you’d still need to have $10,000 in funds earning basically no interest. Because of that I can’t recommend this bonus (even if that was parked in a 1% account you’d be earning $100 a year). Only way this bonus would make sense is if you already had a loan with Charter Oak or you can fund a massive amount with a credit card.
Please feel free to share your experiences with this bank in the comments below. Also check out our recommended bank bonuses here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank