Update 9/19/20: Deal is back, no end date listed. There is now a savings requirement as well. Hat tip to Gadget.
Update 4/20/20: Bonus increased to $500. Direct deposit required increased from $2,500 to $3,000 per month. eSatement and debit card transactions also added. Hat tip to reader Yo
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $500
- Availability: Northeastern PA only
- Direct deposit required: Yes or recurring credit of $2,500 per month for three consecutive months
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Up to $500, all credit card payment networks are accepted (e.g Visa, Mastercard, American Express & Discover)
- Monthly fees: $2-$7, waivable
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, unknown
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
- Fidelity Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements within 150 days of account opening:
- Set up your account with direct deposits or recurring credits of $3,000 per month for three consecutive months
- client is enrolled in EZ Statements and
- five (5) point-of-sale debit card transactions per month are completed
- Open a new Fidelity Bank savings account at the same time with a minimum of $15,000 and earn an additional $200.
- Do both and get an extra $100
The Fine Print
- Offer valid for new personal checking account customers only.
- A $500.00 deposit will be made into your Fidelity Bank checking account when direct deposits or recurring credits of $3,000.00 per month are received for a minimum of three (3) consecutive months.
- Requirement must be satisfied within one hundred and fifty (150) calendar days of account opening.
- Deposit will be made on the first (1st) business day after one hundred and fifty (150) calendar days from account opening.
- Minimum deposit to open a checking account may range between $25.00 and $1,000.00, minimum balance requirements and monthly service charges depend on which checking account is chosen.
- Please consult your Fidelity Banker for specific product information. Minimum balance requirements and fees may reduce earnings.
- The annual percentage yield (APY) for Performance Checking or Platinum Checking accounts is 0.05% if balance requirement of $2,500.00 is met. APY is current as of May 20, 2019 and may be rescinded or changed at any time.
- Rates are variable and may change at any time.
- Bonus will be reported on IRS Form 1099-Misc.
- Cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Customers may only receive one new checking account and savings account opening-related bonus per calendar year.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Reliance Checking $7 Monthly Fee
This account is the easiest to keep fee free, the $7 monthly charged is waived if you do any of the following:
- $1500 average daily balance OR
- $400 aggregated monthly direct deposit
- or ten (10) signature based Fidelity Visa® Check Card transactions
Early Account Termination Fee
There is a fee if closed within 180 days, but I’m unsure what this fee is.
Previous best bonus was $200, that required a savings account but lower direct deposit/recurring credit. This new bonus is significantly better because the bonus is $400 and the direct deposit/recurring credit isn’t that difficult to meet. Because of that we will be adding this to our list of the best bank bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Jeff L
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times