Published on August 24th, 2017 | by Chuck126
[Expired] Earn up to 10,000 Bonus Starwood Points for Adding Authorized Users on SPG Amex Card [Targeted]
This bonus has expired, make sure you don’t miss any deals by signing up for notifications.
Direct Link (login required)
Amex is now targeting some SPG personal cardholders with the following offer
- Get 2,500 bonus Starwood points when you add an authorized user on your SPG card and the user spends $1,000 within three months
- Up to 10,000 bonus SPG points max for adding 4 authorized user cards
The Fine Print
- Valid until September 30, 2017
- Additional Cards can be added at different times but must be added by September 30, 2017 through this promotional application page to be eligible for this offer
- The 3 month period for each Additional Card Member to spend $1,000 starts on the date that the respective Additional Card Member is added
- Purchases made by other Additional Card Members on your Account will not count toward the $1,000 spend requirement; your purchases as the Basic Card Member will not count toward the $1,000 spend requirement
- There is no annual fee for Additional Cards; the maximum number of Additional Cards issued on each Account is 99; Additional Card Members must be at least 13 years of age and never have had a defaulted account with American Express
- The 2,500 bonus Starpoints will be applied to the Basic Card Member’s account within 8–12 weeks after an Additional Card Member has met the purchase requirement
- Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. In rare instances, the period for the new Additional Card Members to spend $1,000 may be shorter than 3 months if there is a delay in receiving their Additional Cards. Also, purchases may fall outside of the 3 month period in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date they made the transaction. (For example, if they buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped).
- To be eligible to receive bonus Starpoints, the Basic Card Member’s account must not be cancelled or in default at time of bonus fulfillment.
- You must notify Additional Card Members that we may obtain, provide, and use information about them and that their use of your Account is subject to certain provisions of the Card Member Agreement
Many Amex cards have targeted bonus offers for adding an authorized user. Lots of people value SPG points highly, making this one of the better offers available. We’ll add this one to our complete list: American Express Authorized User Bonuses – List Of Offers & Everything You Need To Know.
As far as we know so far, this bonus offer is being sent out on the SPG personal card, not on the business version of the card. Please correct us if you see otherwise.
Thanks to reader T. for sharing the offer and screenshot with us