Published on April 13th, 2016 | by Chuck20
eBay Gift Cards Can No Longer be Used to Buy eBay Gift Cards [‘Rolling’]
eBay is now enforcing the terms and not allowing an eBay gift card to be used to buy an eBay gift card.
Ebay has long had a rule in their terms that you can’t use an eBay gift card to buy an eBay gift card – even before all the recent changes. But it was never enforced; the system always allowed us to pay for an eBay gift card with an eBay gift card. This laxity led to the Slickdeals phenomenon called “rolling” eBay gift cards.
“Rolling”: Ebay often offers a sale on their gift cards, e.g. $100 eBay gift card for $95. Many people bought the gift card on sale, then used that $100 card to buy the next eBay gift card sale, and that one to buy the next, etc.
EBay is now enforcing the terms and not allowing eBay gift cards to be used to buy eBay gift cards, both e-gift cards and physical gift cards. The system still does allow eBay Bucks to buy eBay gift cards, however.
What I like about this new change is that it indicates that we’re safe – for now – to continue using eBay gift cards to buy third-party gift cards on eBay. Apparently, they are fine with that.
Other eBay/Paypal Posts
- Keeping Track of Gift Card Orders on eBay
- Seven Ways to Purchase eBay Gift Cards at a Discount
- Ebay Bucks, Gift Card Deals, & Timing Your eBay Purchases
- Best Shopping Portal for eBay Purchases
- The Various Levels of Paypal Accounts
- How to See the Available Quantity of eBay Sales
- How to Get Targeted for Bonus eBay Bucks Offers