Published on March 1st, 2019 | by Chuck34
Get 10x Ultimate Rewards on Hotel Bookings with Chase Freedom and Freedom Unlimited ($2,500 max)
Direct Link to offer (Chase login required)
Chase is offering the following special on the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited cards:
- Earn 10% cash back on up to $2,500 in total hotel purchases made through Chase Ultimate Rewards using your Chase Freedom/Freedom Unlimited card during March.
This is for 10% total, so it’s 8.5% + 1.5% on the Freedom Unlimited, and 9% + 1% on the Freedom.
The Fine Print
- Earn a total of 10% cash back on up to $2,500 in total hotel purchases made through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Offer valid on purchases made March 1 – March 31, 2019.
- Bonus cash back will post to your account within a week of the transaction posting, and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement and be available for use within 1-2 billing cycles.
- To qualify for this promotional offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
- This promotional offer is non-transferable.
I only have the Freedom card, and it’s showing me terms for the Freedom Unlimited which is odd. (Update: Sapphire Preferred and Reserve cardholders are seeing this offer too. Again, for some reason it’s always showing Freedom Unlimited in the terms.) They’ve run this offer twice before, though previously car rentals were included as well.
- You need to book the travel now in March in order to take advantage of this offer, but you can book out for hotel stays at later dates.
- You need to pay cash, it won’t work if you pay with your Ultimate Rewards points.
- No registration required.
- If you have Freedom and Freedom Unlimited, you should probably be able to book $2,500 with each card separately and get the bonus twice.
The fact that you need to use the Chase Ultimate Rewards booking portal is obviously a downside, but some people may find it worthwhile for 10x Ultimate Rewards points.
Hat tip to DansDeals