Published on August 15th, 2018 | by William Charles179
Get An Additional 500 Miles (60,500 Total) On The American Airlines Barclaycard Offer
Update 10/15/18: End date is now 10/31/2018
Update 08/16/18: ComputerPlayerOne (Mom is a flight attendant) states this offer will be ending on August 31st, 2018. Barclays frequently extends these offers, but something to keep in mind.
Update: 08/03/18: Deal is now available again.
Update 11/26/17: The direct link now shows an expiry of January 31st, 2018.
Update: The 60,000 point offer is due to expire on November 30th. I suspect this deal will end at the same time. Thanks to drew_carnegie.
Update: Now working on the 60,000 mile offer. Thanks to reader Nathan WY & Churner Club.
- The standard bonus on the American Airlines Barclaycard is 60,000 points after your first purchase. If you use an application found in flight (basically just entering the six digit number in the above link) you get an additional 500 points.
- One reader shared the six digit number given to them (non unique, think it’s tied to flight attendant and I assume that flight attendant gets some sort of bonus, so feel free to share other numbers in the comments if your flight attendant does a good job. If anybody works for American Airlines, share the bonus structure in the comments as well).
- All codes removed, FA are getting in trouble for posting theirs.
- According to this comment, the bonus structure is as follows:
- $50 per approved application.
- $20 bonus per application when you get 10 approved application in non-revolving two months period
- Another $20 for 25 applications approved in the same period.
The Fine Print
- 500 point bonus isn’t mentioned on the sign up page, but readers have confirmed it posting
Obviously not the biggest improvement in offers, but every mile helps so might as well get an extra 500! As always read these things you should know about Barclaycard credit cards here. We will likely add this to our best credit card bonus page next update as well.
Hat tip to reader Charles