Published on May 23rd, 2014 | by William Charles0
[Expired][WA, OR, HI] HomeStreet Bank $100 Visa Giftcard/$90 Cash Checking Promotion
This offer has expired, but there is a better deal available for $100 cash.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Only available for residents in Washington, Orgeon & Hawaii
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: Use promo codes listed below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Expiration date: None specified
- Receive a $100 visa gift card when you open a Select Checking account with the promo code “Seahawks” when you set up a direct deposit of $500 or more
- Receive a $90 cash bonus when you open a select checking account with the promo code “Sounders” and set up a direct deposit of $500 or more
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Select checking does not come with any monthly fees, we weren’t able to find their fee disclosure page and as such we’re unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
In the past HomeStreet has offered much bigger bonuses (up to $300 for completing more requirements), this current offer isn’t very appealing especially since it’s $100 gift card (or $90 cash). I generally like to target bonuses that are in the $100+ range, although my favorite bank bonuses are $200+. That said, if you decide to do this offer I’d recommend getting the gift card and then reading up on manufactured spending or unloading the gift card via evolve money to pay your bills or mortgage.