Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: ID only
- Direct deposit required: No, electronic payment is required
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Cap Ed Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100, they will also give $100 to an Idaho school. To receive the bonus you need to meet the following requirements for the first three full qualification cycles:
- Have a monthly direct deposit or electronic payment (payroll direct deposit is the simplest)
- Enroll in CapEd eBanking and eStatements
- Have at least 12 debit card purchases that post and settle during the monthly qualification cycle
The Fine Print
- To receive your $100 deposit and give $100 to your selected School District/Foundation, earn the 2.50% APY on balances up to $10,000, and get the ATM fee refunds, you must meet qualifications in any of the first three full qualification cycles after your account is opened.
- To meet qualifications, 12 debit card transactions must post and settle to the account during the qualification cycle; at least one direct deposit or automatic payment must post and settle this account during the qualification cycle; and, be enrolled in and agree to receive eStatement notices.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Nice bonus as there is no direct deposit or monthly fees to worry about. I’ll be adding this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader John C
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times