Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Offer is available to residents of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, and Wisconsin
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: Debit card with 5 purchases totalling $250+
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,500, no American Express
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Account must be kept open for six months, otherwise bonus will be forfeit
- Expiration date: None listed
- Open a free checking account with First Midwest Bank and receive a bonus of up to $100:
- Add a Debit Card to any new Checking Account and make at least five purchases totaling $250 & receive $50
- Add a Direct Depsit of $500 or more to any new Checking Account & receive $50
The Fine Print
- Offer is available for a limited time and may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
- Offer not available to existing First Midwest Bank checking clients or those clients whose accounts have closed within the last 90 days.
- Open a new First Midwest Bank consumer checking account (subject to approval) and do one of the following to get $50 or do both to get $100: activate a monthly qualifying Direct Deposit of at least $500; use Debit Card linked to new checking for at least 5 purchases totaling at least $250.
- Direct Deposit and Debit Card usage must be completed within 60 days of account opening.
- Qualifying debit transactions cannot be completed consecutively at the same terminal within less than a 24-hour period or via transfer to a prepaid debit card or other payments service.
- Incentive will be awarded within 90 days of meeting requirements.
- A qualifying Direct Deposit includes salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular monthly income electronically deposited to account by employer or an outside agency. Transfers from one account to another, or deposits made at a banking location or ATM do not qualify.
- Minimum opening deposit of $100 required. Primary account holders are eligible for one checking incentive per calendar year.
- If account is closed within six months of opening, we will deduct the incentive from balance at closing.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offer(s)
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees, there is an early account termination fee though. If you close the account within six months then you will forfeit the bonus
Pretty good bonus if you can still fund with a credit card, if we can confirm that we will surely add it to our list of the best bank account bonuses. Please share any experiences you have in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank