Published on October 18th, 2018 | by William Charles181
Marriott Launches New Trivia Game: 29 Ways To Stay (Points & Stays Prizes) [Limit Of 1 Instant Win Prize Per DAY]
Update 10/18/18: Marriott obviously realized nobody was going to play the game again if they could only win one instant win prize total. You can now win one instant win prize per day, terms specifically state: ‘Limit one (1) Instant Win Prize per person, per day.‘
Update 10/13/18: Terms state ‘Limit one (1) Instant Win Prize per person‘. Makes this promotion so much worse than it already is. Probably just makes sense to play once, get your instant win prize and then move onto other things.
This was supposed to go live on October 4th. It has finally gone live. It now runs through November 8th rather than ending on the 1st.
- Marriott has launched a trivia game called ’29 Ways to Stay trivia game’.
The Fine Print
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the 50 US/DC/PR, AR (excluding MZ, NQ, RN, SA, & TF), CA, CL, CN, CR, DE, DO, FR, IN, JP, KR, MX, NL, PE, UK, ZA who are Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards members with a completed member profile and at least 18 years old or age of majority, as of date of entry.
- Void in all countries/regions not listed.
- Begins 10:00 a.m. ET on 10/4/18; ends 11:59 p.m. ET on 11/1/18.
- Odds of winning a Grand Prize are dependent on number of eligible entries received.
- One (1) Grand Prize of twenty-nine (29) 2-night stays at each of the 29 brands of $30,596.80USD maximum value (odds 1: 4,500,000);
- Eighty-seven (87) 4-night stays of $3,060USD maximum value each (odds 1:52,000);
- Two million, four hundred and twenty-one thousand and five hundred (2,421,500) Point Wins of $180USD maximum value each (odds 1:2).
- For complete Official Rules, prize values and eligibility, visit 29ways.marriott.com/rules. Sponsor: Marriott International, Inc.
Looks like the odds of winning 50 points will be 50%? It looks like the game itself will be a memory game. You’re allowed to play the game once per day. Based on the odds you’d expect to win one 500 point prize and then 13 50 point prizes for a total of 1,150 points. Some people will do better, others will do worse obviously.
Hat tip to weibelt