Published on August 15th, 2018 | by William Charles14
Marriott Warning Of Issues From August 15th-19th
Marriott & SPG will become a unified loyalty program on August 18th. Marriott is informing people to expect issues from August 15th until August 19th during this transition. I wouldn’t be surprised if issues linger longer than that. The official warning states:
Manage your account and reservations before planned, temporary disruptions starting August 15.
While we work to launch our new combined program on August 18, our booking and loyalty systems, sites and Mobile app will be offline for several hours intermittently between August 15 and August 19.
During this period, you may experience disruptions with:
- Contacting Member Support
- Making a new reservation
- Managing an existing reservation
- Accessing or updating your account
- Using our Mobile app
- Using points
- If you need to manage your account or access upcoming reservations, please do so as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.
Rest assured: If you have planned stays, your reservations are secure.
Issues To Be Aware Of
- Point transfers of 50,000 or more are not possible until after the merger. This doesn’t actually seem to be true, despite what representatives are telling individuals. It might help to just call back at a later time and get somebody that can make these transfers.
- Elite night credits not posting automatically. This has been an issue for some people for multiple months, but it seems to be worse than normal currently.
I’d recommend being patient during this period and only call if you need something done urgently. If something can wait, then it’s worth waiting until after the 18th/19th to see if your issue resolves it self without having to wait hours to get onto Marriott. It might be worth taking some screenshots of any reservations you make during this period and double checking to ensure points/elite stays credit properly after the merger has been completed. Feel free to let us know any other issues you might be experiencing in the comments below.
Hat tip to Frequent Miler