Published on May 15th, 2017 | by William Charles6
[MD Only] State Employees Credit Union (SECU) Of Maryland $100 Bonus – (18-25 Only)
Offer is back for 2016.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: You must be aged 18-25 to be eligible. To be eligible to sign up for any SECU Maryland accountt you need to work or go to school at one of the eligible partners (full list here).
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: 10 debit card transactions a month for 12 months for full bonus
- Hard/soft pull: Soft Pull
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Expiration date: June 30th, 2017
- You can earn up to $100 with SECU, here is the breakdown of the bonus:
- Receive $50 for opening your SECU student checking account
- Receive $10 per month for the first five months when you use your debit card 10x in that month. Debit card transactions must be at least $3 each.
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the offer the account must be opened and funded between 4/1/17 and 6/30/17, and the member must be age 18 to 25 and in good standing. A
- ccount opening bonus of $50.00 will be deposited into member’s checking account within 60 days after checking account opening.
- The $10.00 monthly bonus will be deposited into member’s checking account within 2 weeks after month end for every full month in which the account has 10 or more qualifying debit card transactions, for up to 5 months total following account opening. T
- o qualify, a debit card transaction must be for at least $3.00.
- Transactions at ATMs do not qualify.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
To avoid a fee on this account you must maintain a minimum balance of $1,000.
I doubt many readers will be able to qualify for this bonus, but if you do it seems to be a pretty good one as long as you can confirm that there is no hard pull. Bonus used to be for $170 in total (you could get get $10 per month for 12 months) so not as appealing as before but now non students are also eligible. There are definitely better bonuses out there, but for those that have already completed them this is not a bad option at all.