Published on April 22nd, 2016 | by Chuck4
Mega Roundup: Chase Shutdown, 250k MR Offer, Citi Premier MIA, 1800Flowers, Plastiq, Giftcardmall, and Much More
News and posts from around the web.
- Chase shuts down my accounts by Milesperday. Seems like pushing too much volume in short times is suspicious-looking to Chase so keep away from that. Also interesting that you can cash out points for a month after shutdown. We’ll add these points to our post, Sparing your Credit Cards from Shut Down.
- Targeted Amex Business Platinum 250K Offer: How Much Spend Do They Want? by Milestomemories. I was planning on writing a post about this, alas – no time. Most people would probably prefer getting 150k MR with $20k spend (there was such an offer way back); in any case, it’s certainly an amazing offer. I think we’re seeing a shift in bonus offers from many card issuers to entice more spend.
- 1800Flowers released a promotion to get 1750 Southwest miles per order, and this times perfectly with the release of a $15 off $50 Amex Offer. Readers point out that the promo code for the Southwest deal is showing as invalid, despite the offer page still showing the offer. Weird stuff. Hopefully, it will be fixed before the end of the promo on May 9.
- Opportunity Cost of Earning Miles when Reselling by Orensmoneysaver. Amazing to see how portals and credit card cashback can add up. Keep that in mind when making the decision if to use a miles card/portal or a cashback one.
- How I’m Using the Staples.com Amex Offer by Pointsforlater. Staples released a great Amex Offer, here’s a look at how to use it for people into gift card reselling.
- Plastiq released a new app which will allow you to simply take a picture of a bill and have it paid. Check out Frequentmiler’s hands-on analysis on the app here. These kinds of things don’t excite me, but many people love these kinds of stuff.
- Also Plastiq related: they are currently offering a 2% rate for Mastercard payments. Initially, the rate wasn’t working properly for ACH-payess. We reached out to Plastiq and they’ve told us that it’s now fixed, and all Mastercard payments should be getting the 2% rate.
- Beware of buying Hyatt gift cards as they seem to often have a hacking problem recently.
- New tool created by an r/churning Reddit member called churnbase which tracks lots of cool stuff related to credit cards. I haven’t yet figured it out totally, but if enough people contribute it could be epic.
- You Can Ride Citi Bike For Free Today (NYC) by Dannydealguru
- 20% off coupon at Toys/Babies R Us
- Buy $50 of select gift cards from Shoprite and get back a $10 Shoprite store credit via Fatwallet. Includes JCPenney, Fandango, Lane Bryant, SpaFinder, TGI Fridays, Aeropostale, and Nike.
- Amex Offer: 7500 MR for $500 spent on hotels at Amex Travel! by Demflyers. Other people are seeing a better offer of 10,000 MR for $500.
I’ll be away next week so posting may be lighter.