Published on November 8th, 2018 | by William Charles89
New American Express Business Gold Rewards Card Now Live
As predicted, the new American Express Business Gold Card is now live.
- $295 annual fee, not waived first year
- Sign up bonus of 1 year free of G Suite basic for 3 users and up to 1 year of ZipRecruiter Standard
- Card earns 4x points on the two categories your business spends the most each billing cycle, from the following list (up to $150,000 in combined purchases each calendar year):
- U.S. purchases at restaurants (this is an added category over the old Business Gold Rewards card)
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases at gas stations
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
- 25% points back after you book a flight with pay with points
I’m trying to stay open minded with this new card, but this just seems absolutely awful to me? The annual fee has increased by $120 and categories have gone from 3x to 4x (although you do get two categories instead of only one) plus the 25% back on points. For some people this card might be worth keeping long term, but the sign up bonus is absolutely awful. I’m so glad we were able to warn readers about these changes and suggest they sign up for offers of 60,000–75,000 points yesterday. I can’t see this offer being a long term winner for American Express.