A few days ago we shared some details about a new premium Chase Sapphire card that would be coming out, we currently have the following rumored information:
- 100,000 Chase UR point sign up bonus
- Card is expected to launch on August 21st, 2016
- Annual fee of $300-$400
- Card earns 3x Chase UR on travel purchases
- Will be made via bonded metal (e.g same as the Chase Sapphire Preferred)
We now also know that the card will be a Visa Infinite card, this will be a second Visa Infinite card available in the U.S. (City National Bank offers the Crystal Visa Infinite). The Visa website for their infinite cards doesn’t display the benefits for U.S. cardholders, but we can go off what the City National Bank cards show as clear Visa Infinite benefits. They are as follows:
- Visa Infinite Hotel Privileges (Enjoy special benefits from leading hotels, like a VIP welcome and complimentary breakfast at select properties with Relais & Chȃteaux, a prestigious association of approximately 500 luxury properties worldwide.)
- Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit (Save $100 on air travel when you use your Visa Infinite Credit Card to book a qualifying U.S. domestic round-trip coach airline itinerary for 2 to 5 travelers through the Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit website.)
- Visa Infinite Car Rental Privileges (Enjoy privileges, such as special discounts and upgrades, when you use your Visa Infinite Credit Card to book with Avis, National and Silvercar.)
- Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection (Best available rate guarantee, Automatic room upgrade upon arrival, when available, Free in-room Internet, Complimentary continental breakfast, 3PM check-out, when available, VIP Guest status, $25 food or beverage credit)
Now it’s important to remember that these are only the benefits offered under the Visa Infinite program, Chase will obviously add their own benefits on top of this. I’d expect some sort of lounge access, an airline credit and possibly some sort of additional hotel benefit as well. Chase also doesn’t have to implement all of the above Visa Infinite benefits and there might be others we aren’t aware of, usually card issuers can choose pick and choose some of the benefits. This is obviously on top of the regular benefits you’d get from having a Visa signature card.
One last point, interestingly enough there is at least one higher tier than Infinite that Visa offers called Infinite Privileged.