Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card Review
- 1 Quick Overview
- 2 Application Information
- 3 Sign Up Bonus
- 4 F.A.Q’s
- 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 within the first three months
- 5,000 bonus points if you add an authorized user
- 2 points for every dollar spent at restaurants or on travel (an additional point is earned if airfare and accommodation is booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards)
- 1 point for every dollar spent on all other purchases
- Each point is worth $0.01 in cash back or $0.12 in travel when booking through Ultimate Rewards
- No annual fee first year
What Credit Score Is Required?
The CSP is considered a premium card so you’ll need excellent credit to be accepted for this card.
|Credit Boards||Credit Karma|
|Lowest approved score||629||664|
|Average approved score||744||727|
We suggest that you have a minimum credit score of 700 to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and a recommended score of 720+.
Common reasons for denial:
- Too many recent inquiries (1, 2, 3
- Income to rent ratio was too high.
- No current cards with a limit over 5,000 (1, 2
We also recommend not applying for this card if you’ve applied for any other cards within the last 90 days.
What Credit Bureau Do They Pull?
The exact credit bureau that Chase pulls for the Chase Sapphire Preferred depends on the state you currently live in. Find out which bureau Chase pulls from your state.
Sign Up Bonus
Sign Up Bonus History
November 25th – Current: 40,000 bonus points $95 annual fee November 1st – November 25th: 50,000 bonus points $125 annual fee Apply now
Can you earn the sign up bonus more than once?
Yes it’s possible to earn the sign up bonus more than once. Chase used to issue this card as a Mastercard, if you’ve held the Mastercard version, but not the Visa version you should have no trouble getting the sign up bonus a second time without too much hassle.
Some people have reported that they were also able to get a second sign up bonus by waiting more than two years between when they first cancelled the card and when they applied for the second card.
- Open first card June/July 2011, closed first card October 2011. Applied for second card December 2013. Received sign up bonus both times.